It’s true, Fifi’s Fresh Fish & Takeaways has become an institution to most locals and visitors to the KwaZulu-Natal South Coast. In operation since the mid 1960’s, the Defilippi family (Anthony and Jenni) took ownership of the shop and fishing operation in 1995. For 25 years Fifi’s has cooked up the best seafood (their Fried Baby Hake & chips is a must) and supplied fresh game fish, red fish and bream at wholesale and retail prices direct to the public.
Fifi’s Fresh Fish – A Coastal & Family Tradition
Fifi’s has become somewhat of a tradition in the family. Stepping into the footprints of his father following his tragic death on the ocean, David took over the responsibilities of the fishing and supply. Anthony and Jenni’s daughter, Roxy, assists in the management of the Hibberdene branch while son-in-law, Gavin extends the brand with a shop in Port Shepstone. The types of fresh fish supplied include game fish, red fish and bream. These include Rockod / Stumpy / Scotsman, Couta, Yellowtail, Salmon, Dorado, Tuna and Mussel Cracker.
NB* Please use the below contact form for operational and bulk fresh fish supply enquiries only. For call in orders please use the number provided.
- ☎ Tel: +27 39 699 2235
- 🏡 Physical Address: Lot 701, 1 Marlin Drive, Hibberdene 4220
- 📱Website: www.fifisfreshfish.co.za
- 👪 Social Media: Facebook
Seafood, Fishing & Ocean Gallery
Types of Seafood Served at the Takeaway
- Fried Hake, Fried Baby Hake & Chips (Popular!)
- Calamari, Prawns, Mussels, Snoek
- Other (Frozen Seafood) – Seafood Mix, Crab Sticks & Shrimps
Game Fish, Red Fish & Bream (Wholesale & Retail)
- Rockod/Stumpy/Scotsman – R 95.00
- Salmon – R 65.00 (Whole) and R80 (Portion)
- Game Fish – R 75.00 (Whole) and R 85.00 (Portion)
- Tuna – R 60.00 (Whole) and R 75.00 (Portion)
- Mussell Cracker – R120.00 (Whole) and R150.00 (Portion)